Social Media Manager
Amico Public Relations is a dynamic team that believes that storytelling can be achieved through an effective strategy. We aim to help our clients tell their stories through media relations, media training, special events, community engagement, crisis readiness, and content. Our team takes immense pride in being strategic thinkers and planners to ensure that we are exceeding our client’s expectations. Ultimately, our goal is to provide public relations services that communicate to our client’s target audience in a way that resonates with them and inspires them to act.
The Social Media Manager fulfills a strategic and tactical role and is responsible for all duties related to social media for the Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) program. The Social Media Manager provides strategic recommendations for identifying, launching and maintaining social and digital platforms – and for building on existing social and digital platforms. This position has both a high-level, strategic approach mixed with ground-level, hands-on responsibilities. More specifically, a handful of the top tasks for this role:
- Designing and executing the continued growth of a comprehensive and cutting-edge social media and digital communication strategy and content designed to reach and influence target audiences.
- Implementing, creating, designing, posting, and managing all social media on every channel.
- Building and driving campaigns towards completion of the environmental permitting phase.
- Performing the day-to-day activities of the IBR program social media accounts including the daily creation and distribution of content across multiple platforms, communication with followers and commenters, and building awareness of clients social media through the most current and effective social media tools and strategies.
- Serve as the administrator of the client’s presence across core social media platforms, continually seeking to improve processes and functionality.
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, PR/Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field required, as well as 10-15 years of experience working in digital communications/social media, including experience providing strategic counsel to leadership and hands-on execution of a company’s social media platforms. Extensive knowledge of social media tools for monitoring, management and analytics, including Sprout Social and Meltwater. Experience with integrating content from social channels across other digital platforms such as website, podcast or webcast, as well extensive knowledge of photography and video. The following attributes, qualities and beliefs will also be critical to the success of this candidate:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; creative writing and editing skills required.
- Superb attention to grammar, spelling and vocabulary to ensure proper and efficient proofreading and writing.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Practical approach to problem-solving skills and well-developed analytical skills.
- Analyze problems and provide effective strategies and solutions.
- Work in a high-paced environment, independently and as a member of a project team.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Highly confidential and handle sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Manage time well, prioritize effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
If this position sounds like your cup of tea, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Within your cover letter, we would love to hear about why you feel your background fits well with this position.
Amico Public Relations and Gorge HR have partnered up in the recruitment efforts of this position.